Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@raleigh.ibm.com> on 1999/05/26 17:56:47 UTC

APR back to working state.

For anybody who cares, APR is working again, with one minor change.  EVERY
apr function returns a status value.  That value is either APR_SUCCESS, an
error value, or an actual status.  An example of an actual status would be
APR_INPARENT or APR_INCHILD.  These are returned from ap_fork, to let the
user know which process they are in.

The status values use this general rule:

1-3000:    System defined errno values, renamed to be APR_(FOO).
		e.g.  APR_EACCES == EACCES (whatever that happens to be).

3000-4000:  Standard errno values that are not defined by the OS.
 		e.g.  You are on a braindead OS (not naming names), which
		      doesn't define ENOENT.  APR_ENOENT will be in this
		      range somewhere.

4000-5000:  APR defined error values.
		e.g.  APR_ENOFILE.  You tried to read/write to a file, but
                      didn't supply a valid file handle.

5000-6000:  APR defined status codes.
		e.g.  APR_INCHILD

This should give us plenty of room to grow if/when needed.  I have also
updated all of the test programs, so they work with the new APR.

I will be updating the docs later.  When I update the docs, I will also be
moving all of the docs into the source code, and I will provide a macro to
build document files.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd