Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by lk <ce...@email.it> on 2006/02/27 11:42:37 UTC

How to separate tomcat instances?

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to run multiple instances of tomcat.
I've read the documentation and I found out that I can configure
multiple workers to serve multiple instances of Tomcat.
But I haven't understood if in this way the contexts served by a worker
are protected against a failure of the others workers?

Furthermore I would like to know if it is possible to run tomcat5 and
tomcat4 on the same server?

Thanks

 Sponsor:
 Per il tuo progetto da realizzare, Findomestic ti offre finanziamenti chiari e semplici senza anticipi, clicca e scopri come!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3938&d=27-2

Re: How to separate tomcat instances?

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>.
I think it is possible to run as many instances of tomcat (including
different versions) as your machine can 'carry'. This includes
memory/cpu and port issues.
Just install each instance into another directory and change the ports
(http listener and whatever you need further). Drop your webapps in.
Ready.

No further configuration is actually needed.

Leon