Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by la...@cs.sfu.ca on 2005/01/13 23:22:40 UTC

Occassional pauses in JDBC Samplers

Hi,

I am writing a database performance test script using JDBC samplers.  There
is a  set of 38 SELECT statements wrapped in a Simple Controller.  What I
find is that when I run a trial test with 10 threads (I tried it also with
5, and 25 threads), there is a long delay (in the order of 10's of seconds)
at the 38th and 39th sample (by looking at the View Results tree).  After
that, there are a pair of samples that always have long delays -- the
frequency varies slightly, but it occurs every 40-50 samples.  I've tried
turning on the logging for garbage collection, but other than the full
garbage collection at the start of the test run, nothing else happened.  The
select statements on their own require millisecond processing time when I
run it on SQL PLUS.

Does anyone have any ideas why this happens and how to resolve these long
response times?  They skew the averages of my results.

I'm running this on my laptop, a Pentium M 1.6 GHz 512 MB.

Thanks in advance.