Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Perkins, Nate-P63196" <Na...@gdc4s.com> on 2008/06/05 18:27:03 UTC

[Trinidad] polling problem with dialogs

I'm using 1.0.3 and I have 2 pages which both use the tr:poll on a main
page and which both launch dialogs of some sort.  The first page uses
the 'normal' dialog setup of using an 'dialog:*' action and using a
LaunchEvent to populate the pageflow scope with any data I need.  The
second page programmatically calls launchDialog().

In the first page, if I leave the dialog open and allow the tr:poll to
update the main page and then attempt to perform an action on the dialog
I get a NullPointerException.  If I take the same steps with the second
page it works with no problems.  Is this a known bug or is there a
recommended solution?  Would an upgrade fix this?

Here's the exception:
at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.context.PageFlowScopeMap.discard(Pag
eFlowScopeMap.java:341)
at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.context.PageFlowScopeProviderImpl.po
pPageFlowScope(PageFlowScopeProviderImpl.java:106)
at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.context.RequestContextImpl.returnFro
mDialog(RequestContextImpl.java:125)
at
com.gdc4s.muos.nms.planning.chainofcmd.backing.ManageNodeBb.cancel(Manag
eNodeBb.java:281)
at com.sun.faces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:126)
... 37 more

Nate Perkins
General Dynamics C4 Systems

Re: [Trinidad] polling problem with dialogs

Posted by Richard Yee <ri...@gmail.com>.
Have you tested it with Trinidad 1.0.8 yet?

Posted by "Perkins, Nate-P63196" <Na...@gdc4s.com>.
Pinging this thread.  I'd appreciate a response, if I don't receive any
I suppose I will submit a JIRA for this issue.

Nate Perkins
General Dynamics C4 Systems

may contain GDC4S
 confidential or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution
 is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the
sender by reply email and