Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kristian Rink <ka...@zimmer428.net> on 2008/09/08 09:34:00 UTC

war artifacts: different dependency types per different profiles?

Folks;

I do have a set of war artifacts containing a bunch of dependencies each,
and I want to be able to

- deploy them as part of an ear, by then having each of the dependencies
used as "<type>provided</type>", assuming the dependent jars come along with
the ear module itself, and

- deploy them as "standalone" war artifacts, requiring dependencies of
"<type>compile</type>" that get bundled with the war before deploying them
anywhere.

Is there a smart way of handling this through the pom.xml? More than that,
how would I eventually, while building the ear using a top-level pom, "tell"
which profile of the war artifact to use in it?

Thanks in advance for any hints, best regards.
Kristian