Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Andreas Hauffe <an...@tu-dresden.de> on 2018/08/03 10:46:39 UTC

larger Icons

Hi,

is there a way to use larger icons in Netbeans or RCP applications on hidpi
displays?

When using netbeans 9 and JDK 10.0.2 on a hidpi display all icons are
upscaled and look a bit strange.

Regards,

Andreas

RE: larger Icons

Posted by Eirik Bakke <eb...@ultorg.com>.
Ah, yes. It's just the text that gets sharper, not the icons. Making the icons sharp would be a bigger project--someone would have to hire an icon designer to redraw several thousand icons--or a few hundred of the most commonly seen ones--in a vector format. (Even in the latest Microsoft Office versions you can see many icons not yet having been updated, especially in less commonly used areas.)

Emilian Bold started a project to source icons from publicly available icon fonts; see https://jaxenter.com/netbeans/netbeans-retina .

-- Eirik

RE: larger Icons