Posted to dev@olingo.apache.org by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com> on 2015/05/29 08:42:38 UTC

Discussion about sample project sources

Hi all together,

Based on the discussion around the release of sample/tutorial projects as ZIP files I want to start a discussion,
whether such samples (and sources) should be put into the Olingo repository (git)?
And if “yes” were those sample should be located (e.g. “samples” folder)?
And how those samples should be integrated in the maven project (e.g. not referenced from parent pom)?

I’am open for any suggestions and ideas.

My current favoured solutions is:
Put samples in Olingo git
within the “samples” folder (e.g. “samples/tutorials/read”; “samples/tutorials/write”; “…”)
and do not include the whole samples folder into the project pom for the common build process
(e.g. build samples only “on demand / manual” via a maven profile setting -> see example below).

Best regards,
Michael

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
         xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

  <groupId>org.apache.olingo</groupId>
  <artifactId>odata-samples</artifactId>
  <packaging>pom</packaging>
  <name>${project.artifactId}</name>

  <parent>
    <groupId>org.apache.olingo</groupId>
    <artifactId>odata-parent</artifactId>
    <version>4.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <relativePath>..</relativePath>
  </parent>

  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>samples</id>
      <modules>
        <module>server</module>
        <module>turorials/read</module>
      </modules>
    </profile>
  </profiles>
</project>

Re: Discussion about sample project sources

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 29/05/2015 08:42, Bolz, Michael wrote:
> Hi all together,
>
> Based on the discussion around the release of sample/tutorial projects as ZIP files I want to start a discussion,
> whether such samples (and sources) should be put into the Olingo repository (git)?
> And if “yes” were those sample should be located (e.g. “samples” folder)?
> And how those samples should be integrated in the maven project (e.g. not referenced from parent pom)?
>
> I’am open for any suggestions and ideas.
>
> My current favoured solutions is:
> Put samples in Olingo git
> within the “samples” folder (e.g. “samples/tutorials/read”; “samples/tutorials/write”; “…”)
> and do not include the whole samples folder into the project pom for the common build process
> (e.g. build samples only “on demand / manual” via a maven profile setting -> see example below).

Sounds reasonable, +1.

Thanks for tacking this forward.
Regards.

--