Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/04 01:35:45 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Rename Apache Connectors Framework to ManifoldCF

The vote passes.  Barely.  Total count +1.  Although I believe we
didn't hear from lots of folks that made ManifoldCF their #1 choice
last time.

So, our new name is ManifoldCF.  I'm thinking this will translate to:

org.apache.mcf
MCFException
MCF abbreviation
ManifoldCF full name
webapps mcf-crawler-ui, mcf-authority-service, mcf-api-service

... and I can begin to change the tree around probably by tomorrow
morning.  Sound okay to everyone?

Karl

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Rename Apache Connectors Framework to ManifoldCF

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
I think we still can use abbreviations, sparingly, where there is
unlikely to be a collision and where the added length is a detriment.
For example:

environment variable MCF_HOME
jar prefix, e.g mcf-core.jar
webapp name, e.g. mcf-crawler-ui.war

I just didn't want there to be an issue with either the documentation
or, especially, the source tree, again.

Long form permissibility is still open, but I'm just sticking with
ManifoldCF as the only project name/handle, for now.

Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.