Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu> on 1999/02/28 01:31:06 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-apr/apr/file_io/unix readwrite.c Makefile open.c

>Except that ANSI C doesn't give us open64, lseek64/llseek, read64, ... we
>could use apr_ssize_t, and apr_off_t and that would allow a recompile to
>switch between 32-bit and 64-bit files.  (Yeah foo64() is a hack, I won't
>deny that.)

Do we need access to >4GB files?  If so, then you are right that we should
use apr_ssize_t and apr_size_t, and do symbol replacement of x() with x64()
when desired.

If I had any free time I'd just stick sfio in APR and go from there.

....Roy

Re: cvs commit: apache-apr/apr/file_io/unix readwrite.c Makefile open.c

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Do we need access to >4GB files?

I would say so.. ISTR we've gotten a few PRs about problems
when the logfiles get that big.  (Though why anyone would
let them..  *shrug*)
--
#ken	P-)}