Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Adam Jack <aj...@mric.coop> on 2004/12/05 16:33:29 UTC

Unit testing

As I get back into this I'd like to run the Gump unit tests. Can somebody
help me with:

F:\data\Python\gump-svn\python>python gump/test/pyunit.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gump/test/pyunit.py", line 25, in ?
    from gump import log
  File "F:\data\Python\gump-svn\python\gump\__init__.py", line 31, in ?
    logging.config.fileConfig("gump.log.config")
  File "C:\Python23\lib\logging\config.py", line 68, in fileConfig
    flist = cp.get("formatters", "keys")
  File "C:\Python23\lib\ConfigParser.py", line 505, in get
    raise NoSectionError(section)
ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'formatters'

I also need to fix the script wrappers around the unit tests, 'cos these
ought have been spotted a while ago...

Gump is getting a success when it ought get a failure:

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/test/gump/gump-test/gump_work/buildscript_gump_gump-test.html

Also, could somebody point me to Wiki/Docs changes for this new config, or
an archive thread, or simply give a little information on it?

Thanks in advance.

regards

Adam

Re: Unit testing

Posted by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org>.
1) get a real OS*
2) alternatively, get Cygwin*
3)

cd F:\data\Python\gump-svn\python
svn up
sh ./gump test

should now sort-of work.

* I built a convenience thin shell wrapper. You could also just take a
look at what it does; its really straightforward....

Adam Jack wrote:
> Also, could somebody point me to Wiki/Docs changes for this new config, or
> an archive thread, or simply give a little information on it?

Not really. It didn't work when I looked at it. Now you can run them
again, but there's a "few" failures. I talked a bit about using the
"unittest" package a while back. Searching the list for "test" in the
subject line should get some hits I hope :-D

g'night peeps!

- LSD