Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by jjmbconquista <jj...@yahoo.com.br> on 2009/03/03 18:23:47 UTC

what are the consequences for the modification of the entity postalAddress?

I am adapting the ofbiz for use in Brazil and I need to modify table
postal_address, specifically the address1 column, this column stores the
number and street, and I need to put street numbers on different fields, I
will create new fields in the table. The problem is that the address1 field
is referenced in the code of ofbiz in many class. How to do this changes in
responsible manner?

Re: what are the consequences for the modification of the entity postalAddress?

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.
Adrian Crum wrote:
> Maybe write an EECA the extracts the street number and puts it in the
> custom field.
>
> -Adrian
>
> jjmbconquista wrote:
>> I am adapting the ofbiz for use in Brazil and I need to modify table
>> postal_address, specifically the address1 column, this column stores the
>> number and street, and I need to put street numbers on different
>> fields, I
>> will create new fields in the table. The problem is that the address1
>> field
>> is referenced in the code of ofbiz in many class. How to do this
>> changes in
>> responsible manner?

Yeah, an EECA is the right approach.  For an app we wrote, we took the
address1 column, removed all spaces/punctuation, converted to upper case,
then used that as a 404-type lookup.  For instance:

http://example.com/1234MAINST.

Re: what are the consequences for the modification of the entity postalAddress?

Posted by jose junior malheiros barros <jj...@yahoo.com.br>.
thanks,
but I  not want to extract the number and  street from address, this
causes many problems. In brasil  there are streets that are identified
by numbers. I have to create new fields for street and number in the
database and for interface (forms)

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com

Re: what are the consequences for the modification of the entity postalAddress?

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.