Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Kushan Maskey <ku...@mmillerassociates.com> on 2015/06/02 19:59:08 UTC

Storm not reading message from kafka serve on a server

I have deployed many topologies on our servers, prod and test clusters. I
have a topology that i just created which runs perfectly fine locally. When
I deploy it on the server, it does not read messages from kafka topics. I
see no exceptions or error of any sorts. Can anyone please suggest what I
should try, to get this thing running on a cluster?

Thanks
--
Kushan Maskey

Re: Storm not reading message from kafka serve on a server

Posted by Kushan Maskey <ku...@mmillerassociates.com>.
I dont know what snippet to provide. But here is how I create my topology
busing the topology builder.

public static StormTopology buildTopology() {
        TopologyBuilder builder = new TopologyBuilder();

        spout_parallelism_hint = 2;
        bolt_parallelism_hint = 2;

        KafkaSpout mySpout = new
KafkaSpout(getSpoutConfig(propMap.get(myTopic), "testId"));

        builder.setSpout(mySpout, testSpout, spout_parallelism_hint);
        builder.setBolt("testBolt", new TestBolt(),
bolt_parallelism_hint).shuffleGrouping(mySpout);

        return builder.createTopology();
    }

private static SpoutConfig getSpoutConfig(String topic, String id) {
        BrokerHosts zkHosts = new
ZkHosts(propMap.get(StreamConfig.ZOOKEEPER_SERVER_HOSTS));
        SpoutConfig kafkaConfig = new SpoutConfig(zkHosts, topic,
propMap.get(StreamConfig.ZK_ROOT), id);
        kafkaConfig.scheme = new RawMultiScheme();

        return kafkaConfig;
    }

TestBolt is a BaseBasicBolt.I only have one bolt.

Thanks for any help.

--
Kushan Maskey
817.403.7500

Posted by Ashish Soni <as...@gmail.com>.
A code snippet will be helpful for further analysis.

Thanks,