Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Yuan, Sheue S" <Sh...@ca.com> on 2004/04/22 22:30:37 UTC

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException when client waiting for a larger attachment file returned

Hi all,

I have a web service that fetches data from a backend database and
returns an attachment file.   It works with a smaller data file.   When
the file size is large and it takes longer than 15 minutes to fetch
data, the AXIS client call throws
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException.  It seems to be an AXIS
client timeout because at the time the web service is still fetching the
data.  I tried to increase the AXIS client timeout to 3600 seconds (= 1
hours).   The timeout setting seems not working on AXIS client.  Is
there a known AXIS client timeout problem?

        webServicePortSoapBindingStub binding = new
webService().getwebServicePort();
        binding.setTimeout(3600000);
        Object value = binding.dataAttachment(requestParam);

I need help to resolve the problem.  Any helps will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Sheue