Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vishnu Mahajan <vi...@persistent.co.in> on 2006/08/23 06:42:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 1.3.37 make 2 Subrequest for a folder access

Hi,

            I have apache 1.3.37 compiled from code and installed on linux.

            I also have a DSO loaded for authentication and authorization
functions.

I have a folder structure like below in my htdocs

/protected/

---> index.html

            When I try to access www.hostname:port/protected/ it is found
that there are 3 requests made for authentication and authorization.

1.       /protected/

2.       /protected/index.html

3.       /protected/index.html

I have found that the request_rec structure in (3) above has "main" as NULL
but in (2) above it is not NULL and points to (1).

Why does apache fire 2 subrequests numbered (2) & (3). On apache 2.0.46 it
fires just 1 subrequest (2).

How is the subrequest processing made by apache 1.3.37?

Regards,

Vishnu Mahajan

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.