Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Misty Linville <mi...@apache.org> on 2019/04/12 04:03:19 UTC

Release process docs (was Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBASE 2.2.0 is available)

Hi Guanghao Zhang,

I feel your pain! The RMs are the only ones using those docs. Please create
friction logs that make it into JIRAs so someone can update the docs, or
make the doc updates as you find errors during the release. I’m sorry to
put more work back on the RM, but it really is the most efficient way.

Those docs were super old before I fixed them (they were basically Stack’s
notes to himself, pasted into the ref guide) and then they rotted again.
It’s a project-wide effort to keep process docs in sync with processes. :)

Thanks for all you do, and that goes for each of our release managers!

Misty