Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/25 11:17:44 UTC

A confusion about those names in the EAR deployment

Hi,
   I have some confusion about those artifact ids while deploying an EAR
package.
   While deploying an EAR package, the deployer will create a
ConfigurationData gbean for the EAR and all the WARs under the EAR. The
problem is those Configuations represent those WAR pacakges in the EAR.
   Those gbeans do not have the same artifact with the Configuration
contains them. They have the same artifact id with the EAR Configuration.
   Let's take the console-tomcat for an example.
   The artifactId for the *console-tomcat* (EAR) is *
org.apache.geronimo.plugins/console-tomcat/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car*
   The artifactId for the *portal-driver.war* (a WAR  in the EAR) is *
org.apache.geronimo.plugins/console-tomcat_portal-driver.war/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car
*
   But the gbeans contained by the *portal-driver.war*'s abstract name is *
org.apache.geronimo.plugins/console-tomcat/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car*?J2EEApplication=org.apache.geronimo.plugins/console-tomcat/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car,WebModule=portal-driver.war,j2eeType=GBean,name=CARExportForward

   So is it the correct behavior, I guess that some JIRAs are caused by
this.
   Thanks for any comment !
--
Ivan

Re: A confusion about those names in the EAR deployment

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
I tried it with 2.2-jetty, the same result with 2.2 Tomcat :-(

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, David.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.