Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Marcus Beyer <mb...@thomas-daily.de> on 2006/11/30 17:15:00 UTC

Re: t:panelTabbedPane button problem

Am 30.11.2006 um 15:23 schrieb Gerald Müllan:

> Hi,
>
> ok sorry, I have had a quick look on it; it`s right, with client side
> tab switching also inputs with type="submit" are rendered.
>
> So, there must be some change in the renderer class directly. Seems
> that there is no hack possible..

Unfortunately, I have no experience in implementing JSF tags /
renderers.

I had a look into the package org.apache.myfaces.custom.tabbedpane.
The only class with suffix "Renderer" is HtmlTabbedPaneRenderer.
So that is the class to be extended / modified, right?

> But I can not promise that there is time to change and test it out.

At least I would like to help on the test part. Right here I have
Safari, Camino, OmniWeb, Firefox, Opera on Mac OS X,
Internet Explorer on Windows XP, and Firefox on Debian Linux.

> If you want to be sure and need it urgently, a patch would be more
> nice :)

Well, I don't want to break the tag ;-)

My timeframe is: I need this feature in about 5-10 days.

Some questions for the case I decide to (try to) implement a patch:

Should I replace the <input> stuff completely by <a href> or not?
What are the reasons for <input type="submit">? Is it because any
changes
made to other input fields are submitted without the need of using
JavaScript?

So I guess I must not replace the <input> solution, right?
Should I add some switch submitTag="input" / "a"? Better idea?

Do you have some hint where to start with?

Hm, and where do I post these questions? users or dev? ok, maybe both.

cheers
Marcus

help : client side validation of h:selectManyCheckbox using Java Script

Posted by Mr Arvind Pandey <ar...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi All,

   I am using h:selectManyCheckbox in my application.
I want write a java script function which will check
whether at least one check box has been checked or
not. If no check box is checked then show a alert
message to user like 'no check box is checked'

    Pls help........
Thanks and regards.....
Arvind

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/

Re: t:panelTabbedPane button problem

Posted by Marcus Beyer <mb...@thomas-daily.de>.
Am 01.12.2006 um 10:03 schrieb Gerald Müllan:

> Marcus,
>
> please stay cool

ok, maybe I shouldn't check my email after having two zombies ;-)

> , paul only wanted to told you that these kind of
> questions should be post to user list only.

hmm, aren't we discussing development details?

> Concerning your question; HtmlTabbedPaneRenderer is the right renderer
> class where the changes have to take place. I don`t know what the
> initially idea was behind why there are buttons rendered out. Maybe
> because of having a tab = button and the possibilities to affect
> the tab through styling. With links you have to provide a separate div
> or something else which forms the button.

display:block should do the trick, e.g.

<a style="display:block" href="#">Link as a Block Level Element</a>

but I guess the button solution still has some advantages for
specific cases.

> So, i am more or less sure that the change will not only be replacing
> the button through a
> commandLink. Maybe we should provide a new attribute in order to
> switch between a button and a link tab.

ok. This sounds right.

What should the name and values of that attribute be?

submitMethod = "button"
submitMethod = "link"

What do you think?

cheers
Marcus

Re: t:panelTabbedPane button problem

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Marcus,

please stay cool, paul only wanted to told you that these kind of
questions should be post to user list only.

Concerning your question; HtmlTabbedPaneRenderer is the right renderer
class where the changes have to take place. I don`t know what the
initially idea was behind why there are buttons rendered out. Maybe
because of having a tab = button and the possibilities to affect
the tab through styling. With links you have to provide a separate div
or something else which forms the button.

So, i am more or less sure that the change will not only be replacing
the button through a
commandLink. Maybe we should provide a new attribute in order to
switch between a button and a link tab.

cheers,

Gerald

--