Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Xiangyu Su <xi...@smaato.com> on 2019/09/19 15:29:44 UTC

flink: keyed process function, why are timestamp of register event timer different as "on timer" function timestamp

Hi User,

We are using keyed process function with Event time for flink streaming
application.
We register event time on "processElement" function, and mentioned that
"onTimer" function had different "timestamp" as registered on
"processElement" function.

If we understand correctly, "onTimer" should be triggered by using same
time(see flink api: InternalTimerServiceImpl.advanceWatermark )

thanks for any suggestion

Best regards
Xiangyu

Re: flink: keyed process function, why are timestamp of register event timer different as "on timer" function timestamp

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Xiangyu,

What do you mean by "should be triggered by using same time"?
The timestamp of the onTimer callback is not the watermark time. It's the timestamp which is registered in the call of registerEventTimeTimer.

Regards,
Dian