Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Mike Adamson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/20 13:44:14 UTC

user permissions

Hi,

I am using apacheds 1.5.7 in embedded mode and would like to know whether it
is possible for a user to identify what permissions they have on a
particular entry.

For example, if I have an entry:

ou=properties,dc=test,dc=com

and I give this entry a subentry with a pescriptiveaci that gives user mike
read and browse access, how does user mike know that he doesn't have write
access without attempting a write and getting an error? Is there a mechanism
to get all the associated acis?

Thanks,

MikeA

Re: user permissions

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 5/20/11 1:44 PM, Mike Adamson wrote:

> I am using apacheds 1.5.7 in embedded mode and would like to know whether it
> is possible for a user to identify what permissions they have on a
> particular entry.
>
> For example, if I have an entry:
>
> ou=properties,dc=test,dc=com
>
> and I give this entry a subentry with a pescriptiveaci that gives user mike
> read and browse access, how does user mike know that he doesn't have write
> access without attempting a write and getting an error? Is there a mechanism
> to get all the associated acis?
Right now, there is no way but trying to apply the operation.

I think that it would be just a matter of implementing the Assertion
Control (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4528)

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com