Posted to dev@juneau.apache.org by sblackmon <sb...@apache.org> on 2017/06/27 01:07:00 UTC

jsonnet

Hello,

jsonnet came to my attention this afternoon reading https://twitter.com/databricks/status/879395675636682752 .  It’s quite interesting.

I’ve found expression-based evaluation and imports to produce json to be quite useful when (for example) launching streams that need to learn about their environment on startup.

HOCON and the org.typesafe library offers some of these features, but jsonnet appears to be much more robust, with the sole exception being that HOCON explicitly describes support for import url(“http://…”) while jsonnet does not.

However, nothing would stand in the way of an implementation of jsonnet supporting remote URLs as well as local files.

Long story short, there are no java implementations of jsonnet listed, and I suspect juneau's core libraries could be repurposed to launch one, if there is any interest from the group in attempting such a project.

Steve

Re: jsonnet

Posted by James Bognar <ja...@salesforce.com>.
It looks interesting, but I have zero bandwidth right now myself.  I'd be
willing to help someone flesh out a design though.

--
James Bognar