Posted to users@camel.apache.org by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/24 15:25:21 UTC

Difference between ActiveMQComponent & JmsComponent

Hi,

I would to know if there is a difference between the two following
components ?

<bean id="jms"
class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
    <property name="brokerURL"
	          value="vm://localhost:61616?broker.persistent=true" />
</bean>

<bean id="jms" class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsComponent">
     <property name="connectionFactory">
        	<property name="brokerURL"
value="vm://localhost:61616?broker.persistent=false" />
	</bean>
	</property>
</bean>

When working with ActiveMQ queuing engine, which component should I use
ActiveMQcomponent or JMScomponent ?

KR,

Charles Moulliard

-----
Enterprise Architect

Xpectis
12, route d'Esch
L-1470 Luxembourg

Phone +352 25 10 70 470
Mobile +352 621 45 36 22

e-mail : cmoulliard@xpectis.com
web site :  www.xpectis.com www.xpectis.com
My Blog :  http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/ http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com/

Re: Difference between ActiveMQComponent & JmsComponent

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 9:25 AM, cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would to know if there is a difference between the two following
> components ?
> When working with ActiveMQ queuing engine, which component should I use
> ActiveMQcomponent or JMScomponent ?

The JMS component can be used for (more or less) any JMS provider.  So
it just has the ability to set generic properties like a connection
factory.  The ActiveMQ component is specific to ActiveMQ, so you can
directly set properties like the brokerURL on it.

So if you're using ActiveMQ, you can use either one, but the ActiveMQ
provider should be slightly easier to configure, as your XML below
suggests.  If you're not using ActiveMQ, then you need to use the JMS
component.

Finally, it has come up in the past that the ActiveMQConnectionFactory
has exposed some properties that the ActiveMQComponent did not, so you
might need to configure the factory to get at those properties -- but
I think the goal is to expose everything from the ActiveMQComponent
instead, so you should mention it if you find any properties where
that's still the case.

Thanks,
      Aaron