Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sean Spratt <se...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/28 23:30:49 UTC

SVN Hooks for Filenames

Where would be a good place to learn how to set up a commit hook that
ensures that the filename contains only lower case characters?  We are
having issues with novell machines sending the filenames all uppercase
and creating duplicates in our repository.  Is there a server setting
for this or should it be handled with a hook?

If this is not the correct forum for this, please advise. Thanks.
--
-sean

Re: SVN Hooks for Filenames

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Sean Spratt wrote:
> Where would be a good place to learn how to set up a commit hook that
> ensures that the filename contains only lower case characters?  We are
> having issues with novell machines sending the filenames all uppercase
> and creating duplicates in our repository.  Is there a server setting
> for this or should it be handled with a hook?

contrib/hook-scripts/check-case-insensitive.pl

A pre-written hook to prevent the addition of case-conflicting files.

Max.