Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by WXR <14...@qq.com> on 2013/07/07 06:07:44 UTC

Re: vm's disk io performance declines quickly after being created0.5-1 hours later.

The host node has 96GB ram and 2 E5-2620 cpus.There is just one vm for test on this node.
The storage node is just only working for the host node.

I don't know if cloudstack has some default resource limit policies.
I don't think workload is the reason.There may be a system feature which cause this issue,about cloudstack,or kvm,or windows system,or storage device,or something else.
Does any one have relevant experience in dealing with this issue?

From:  "David Comerford"<da...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Sun, Jul 7, 2013 05:43 AM
To:  "users"<us...@cloudstack.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: vm's disk io performance declines quickly after being created0.5-1 hours later.

Doesn't sounds like a CloudStack problem.
Spin up a Linux instance and see does it have the same problem.

Then apply some science and check I/O inside the instance. Then I/O on the
primary storage device.
Keep an eye on the storage NICs too.

Does you host have enough RAM? Maybe it's booting up in main memory and
starting to swap over the hour.

Best regards,
David Comerford
Mobile: +353 87 1238295
Email: davestyle@gmail.com
Website: http://dave.ie
GPG key: http://pgp.dave.ie

Posted by CSG - Ashley Lester <as...@computer-services.com.au>.
Whats the hypervisor is use ?  XenServer has some pretty bad driver issues for a while..

What kind of compute Service Offering are you using for the instance?
There may be some painfully restrictive settings in there.

Best regards,
David Comerford
Mobile: +353 87 1238295
Email: davestyle@gmail.com