Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by S W <sw...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/16 09:24:41 UTC

Tomcat binding to multiple IP addresses

Hi Everyone,

My original installation of Tomcat was installed on a
computer with multiple IP addresses.

Now my problem is that Tomcat tries to bind itself
with all the IP addresses when I try starting it up.
How do I change it so that it only binds to 1 IP
address. I've already tried changing this in the
server.xml file.

My environment:
Windows 2000 SP2
TOmcat 4.0.3

Any help on resolving this matter, would be greatly
appreciated!!!

Thank you

Here is the error message I receive when starting up
Tomcat from a DOS prompt:
Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  null.open:
java.net.BindException: Address
 already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
LifecycleException:  null.open:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
 JVM_Bind:8080
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector.initialize(HttpConne
ctor.java:1130)

I know this is the issue because when I tested
installing Tomcat on a machine with a single IP
address and then adding more IP addresses to it, it
would only bind itself to 1 IP address.

Here is what my log file shows.

TOMCAT is not loading my classes now =p

Posted by Richard Diaz <ri...@yahoo.com>.
TOMCAT is not loading my classes =p

I am placing my class files into my webapp directory:
C:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat
4.0\webapps\twc\Web-inf\classes\myDomain\base

Each of these class files has this package entry:
package myDomain.base;

I have been trying for DAYS to figure out where TOMCAT
wants these files =p (I use to have them in
common\classes before and THAT worked w/o the package
line above of course...)

all help much appreciated!
Richard Diaz

=====

Re: Tomcat binding to multiple IP addresses

Posted by S W <sw...@yahoo.com>.
I've been doing some reading and it said to specify
the IP address to be used in HTTP1.1/Connector
Section, but it doesn't work.

Here's what I've tried:
    <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port
8080 -->
    <Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
	       address="192.168.1.151"
               enableLookups="true"
redirectPort="8443"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0"