Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Tianning Zhang <Ti...@zanox.com> on 2014/03/19 13:10:58 UTC

Kafka C++ Windows Client for 0.8 Releases

Dear all,

I am writing to this list to check if there is any new progress concerning 0.8 Windows C++ clients and if there are experiences we can share.

My company (we are in the context of performance advertising networks) is using Kafka 0.8 as the backbone for the event infrastructure. As the core components are running with C++/Windows, I have to deploy  C++/Windows clients for producing Kafka events.  For the moment we are using a proprietary implementation based on some old open source code based on C++ boost libraries . We had to port the package to Windows and adapt it to support the 0.8 Kafka protocol.

If someone is working in the same context I would like to seek the possibility to exchange knowledge about known issues,  and perhaps also to share code  in the  future.

Kind regards

Tianning

[disclaimer logo: ZANOX.de AG]

STRAIGHT TO PERFORMANCE

ZANOX AG | Headquarters: Berlin AG Charlottenburg | HRB 75459 | VAT identification number: DE 209981705
Executive Board: Thomas Joosten (CEO) | Stefanie Lüdecke (CSO) | Christian Rebernik (CTO) | Michael von Stern (CFO/COO)
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Ralph Büchi

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.
Any other use, copying, disclosure or distribution is strictly forbidden.

[100 Partnerprogramme 2013]

Re: Kafka C++ Windows Client for 0.8 Releases

Posted by Magnus Edenhill <ma...@edenhill.se>.
If you are okay to use Cygwin then librdkafka might be of interest:

https://github.com/edenhill/librdkafka/tree/c++_configure

Posted by Dan Hoffman <ho...@gmail.com>.
That would be fantastic.  How long will that take you?  Would you put it up
on github?

 Datum: Mittwoch, 19. März, 2014 13:13 Uhr

 Curious- does your impl
 require Cygwin?  If not, I'd love to use it

 On Wednesday, March 19, 2014, Tianning Zhang
 <Ti...@zanox.com>
 wrote:

 Dear all,

 > I am
 writing to this list to check if there is any new progress
 concerning
 > 0.8 Windows C++ clients and
 if there are experiences we can share.

 > My company (we are in
 the context of performance advertising networks) is
 > using Kafka 0.8 as the backbone for the
 event infrastructure. As the core

 components are running with C++/Windows, I have to deploy
 C++/Windows
 > clients for producing Kafka
 events.  For the moment we are using a

 proprietary implementation based on some old open source
 code based on C++
 > boost libraries . We
 had to port the package to Windows and adapt it to
 > support the 0.8 Kafka protocol.
 >
 > If someone is working
 in the same context I would like to seek the
 > possibility to exchange knowledge about
 known issues,  and perhaps also to

 share code  in the  future.

 > Kind regards
 >
 > Tianning
 >

 > [disclaimer logo:
 ZANOX.de AG]

 STRAIGHT TO PERFORMANCE

Posted by Dan Hoffman <ho...@gmail.com>.
Curious- does your impl require Cygwin?  If not, I'd love to use it