Posted to diversity@apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/28 02:45:27 UTC

Permission for the wiki

Hi Gris,

Can you please give me permission to edit https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=112820458

Thanks,

Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Permission for the wiki

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
Justin Mclean wrote on 4/28/19 6:32 PM:
> Hi,
>
>>> Best way to do this would be to give the group “diversity_pmc” edit permissions so that way all PMC members have edit access.
>>
>> There is no such group.
>
> There should be, but I’m not seeing the project in the roster either so I guess that needs to be set up.

It's not a PMC, it's just a mailing list at the moment.  In the short
term, we clearly need an ACL group to manage the wiki, so it's easy for
newcomers to join - filing an INFRA jira with the names of group
managers and starting people in the edit list is first step.

I imagine after the May board meeting reviews the proposal [1] there may
be more clarity and setup to do.  In particular, besides a wiki for
working documents and basic storage, will the D&I group want to have a
separate public-facing website to serve as a homepage for any outreach
they volunteer for, or do they simply want a page URL under
community.a.o or a.o directly?

--

- Shane
  Director & Member

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/6e6a057cd0edabc3c3337b6d96bb3c3c86361e4c1ef673493659edae@%3Cdiversity.apache.org%3E

Re: Permission for the wiki

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

>> Best way to do this would be to give the group “diversity_pmc” edit permissions so that way all PMC members have edit access.
>
> There is no such group.

There should be, but I’m not seeing the project in the roster either so I guess that needs to be set up.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Permission for the wiki

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 28/04/2019 03:47, Justin Mclean wrote:
> HI,
>
>> Can you please give me permission to edit https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=112820458
>
> Best way to do this would be to give the group “diversity_pmc” edit permissions so that way all PMC members have edit access.

There is no such group.

Craig - you have full permissions.

Mark

Re: Permission for the wiki