Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Yura Taras <yu...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/20 10:20:40 UTC

Transitive and non-transitive dependency on same module

Hi all

I wonder if described below is a bug or a feature :)
In module I want to have configuration which assembles two
dependencies on other module - one transitive, other not-transitive:
       <dependency org="my" name="other" conf="conf->test" transitive="false"/>
        <dependency org="my" name="other" conf="conf->runtime" />
I expect "conf" configuration to have all runtime dependencies and
other_test.jar only; but it contains test dependencies like JUnit too.
Looks like in case above both dependencies are treated as transitive.
Is this expected or should I open a bug?
I'm using Ivy 1.4.1. I know Ivy becomes ASF project only starting from
2, but I don't have time currently to test if same is reproducible in
2rc2. If needed, i'll send you results later, but IMO above info is
enough to reproduce.

Thanks.