Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org> on 2019/05/08 19:59:38 UTC

Load suggest dictionary from non-Zookeeper file?

Our suggest dictionary is too big for Zookeeper. I’m trying to load it from an absolute path, but the Solr 6.6.1 insists on interpreting that as a Zookeeper path. Any way to disable that?

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid path string "/configs/questions-suggest//solr/suggest-data/questions-suggest/ngram_counts.tsv"

I could bring up a non-cloud cluster just for this suggester, but that seems like an ugly hack.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: Load suggest dictionary from non-Zookeeper file?

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.
Right.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Load suggest dictionary from non-Zookeeper file?

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org>.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Load suggest dictionary from non-Zookeeper file?

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
The file is 33 Megabytes, so I don’t think increasing jute.maxbuffer is a wise idea.

The current documentation is not at all clear about how the dictionary file name is interpreted. I could see an absolute path being local and a relative path being relative to the ZK config folder. I wouldn’t mind using a “file:” URL for local stuff.

None of that is going to get this prototype working today, so I’m back to a non-cloud cluster. That is a real pain in the ass to set up with 6.x and 7.x. I got it working before vacation and now I can’t remember the steps.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.