Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Behrang Saeedzadeh <be...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/18 00:06:42 UTC

compiling jsvc

Hi

I've just installed Tomcat 5.5.7 on my Ubuntu Linux system. I wanted
to run it as a daemon so I went for compiling jsvc. I've installed gcc
and GNU Ansi C compiler on my system.

But when I execute the configure script I get the following errors:

checking cached host system type... ok
*** C-Language compilation tools ***
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.

How can I solve this? I installed GCC and C using Synaptic and I
thouht that it takes care of path related things but now when I look
at the /etc/profile I can see that GCC is not in the path. How can I
add it to the path?

Behrang Saeedzadeh
http://www.jroller.com/page/behrangsa

OT Re: compiling jsvc

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Try adding a symbolic link to the gcc compiler in your /usr/bin directory.

Doug