Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Doug Davis <du...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/03/09 15:09:51 UTC

Pluggable Providers

How are we going to do pluggable providers in Axis?
Are they handlers or are they something that the
handler calls?  I'd like to verify with everyone that
they're going to be handlers and not something that
gets plugged into a handler (or something that the
pivot point handler calls).  The main reasons I see
for making them a handler is that they need access
to everything - headers as well as bodies - and that
we have no idea what they're going to do, so we
can't even deserialize anything in advance (in the
rpc cases).  Is everyone on the same page with this?
-Dug