Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by tb...@yahoo.com on 2005/10/13 21:24:09 UTC

Re: Security app--demo app in source tree

ok, I'm looking at the demo app. I can find the user
name passwords, etc. So I've got it up and running on
localhost, but I always get the error page.

I'm sure this is a simple error, or something I
haven't come across yet.

Thanks,
Tyler

--- toby cabot <to...@caboteria.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 02:41:35PM -0700,
> tbot55@yahoo.com wrote:
> > I'm looking into building a simple application
> that
> > implements the security features of Geronimo that
> can
> > later be built upon.
>
> You'll probably want to take a look at the demo
> application in the
> applications/demo directory of the geronimo source
> tree.  It
> implements some of what you're looking for, although
> it isn't as
> dynamic as what you're proposing.  It uses a couple
> of properties
> files (var/security/demo*.properties) to store the
> user and group
> data, and then sets up Geronimo's properties-based
> login manager to
> read those files.  It will probably give you some
> useful pointers at
> least in terms of the configuration that you'll
> need.

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Security app--demo app in source tree

Posted by tb...@yahoo.com.
Toby,

Thanks! Yeah it was my problem. I went through the
maven learning curve, as well as the learning where
the new server.jar was supposed to be curve :)

But I definitely know a lot more than I did about
Geronimo! Thanks again for that bugfix for me!!!

Tyler

--- toby cabot <to...@caboteria.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 12:24:09PM -0700,
> tbot55@yahoo.com wrote:
> > ok, I'm looking at the demo app. I can find the
> user
> > name passwords, etc. So I've got it up and running
> on
> > localhost, but I always get the error page.
> >
> > I'm sure this is a simple error, or something I
> > haven't come across yet.
>
> I've been playing around with this and in order to
> get all of the
> gbeans to start I had to tweak one of the config
> files:

> You'll know if this is the problem if you've got
> some gbeans that are
> stuck in the "starting" state and don't transition
> to "running".  If
> this is your problem you can hack the file and then
> rebuild the
> modules/assembly directory.

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

Re: Security app--demo app in source tree

Posted by toby cabot <to...@caboteria.org>.