Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by sean machin <sm...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/22 21:00:44 UTC

how to handle spaces in filenames?

Hi All,

I'm using the HTTP client lib., what is the best way to download a file
containing spaces in the name (e.g. "one two.xml") using this library.
If I don't do any special filename encoding at all, I get :

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid uri '/admin/diff_access/one
two.xml': escaped absolute path not valid

Thanks,
Sean

Re: how to handle spaces in filenames?

Posted by Michael Becke <mb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sean,

Please have a look at the URI class included with HttpClient.  It has
methods for building a properly escaped URL which get be passed to the
constructor of GetMethod(), PostMethod(), etc.

Mike

Posted by Sean Timm <Ti...@aol.com>.
Use %20 to encode spaces in a filename.  '+' if it is in form data.

-Sean