Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Sylvain Surcin <su...@kwaga.com> on 2010/12/20 11:22:00 UTC

UIMACpp on Mac OS/X?

Hello,

Has anyone been able to successfully install UimaCpp on Mac OS/X?

First I tried to build it, unsuccessfully, but I had the latest version of
ActiveMQ-cpp installed (3.2.2).
Then I found in UimaCpp's configure file that it looks for version
ActiveMQ-cpp 2.1.3 (API is not the same).

Now I cannot build ActiveMQ-cpp 2.1.3 due to a problem running ./autogen.sh
(a "missing [ in regex" problem).
A quick googling says that it is probably due to cppunit missing, but I have
just installed the latest version and I keep running into the same error.

So my question: who have managed to get through this big marathon, and could
give me some hints about how to do it myself? :-)

Any help appreciated, and thanks a lot in advance!

Sylvain Surcin

Re: UIMACpp on Mac OS/X?

Posted by Bhavani Iyer <bh...@gmail.com>.
ActiveMQ CPP 3.2.3 has a dependency on APR 1.3.8. The new UIMA CPP
code - libuima and service wrapper -  should be built with APR 1.3.8.
Bhavani

Re: UIMACpp on Mac OS/X?

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bhavani,

Re: UIMACpp on Mac OS/X?

Posted by Bhavani Iyer <bh...@gmail.com>.

Re: UIMACpp on Mac OS/X?

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.

Re: UIMACpp on Mac OS/X?

Posted by Sylvain Surcin <su...@kwaga.com>.
Hello and thanks for answering!

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I seem to remember that regex problem. Did you try just applying the patch
> in the 2.1.3 version?
>
> Where would I find this patch?

> Activemq-cpp is an optional part of uimacpp. All should build except for
> the UIMA AS service wrapper, deployCppService.
>
> Yes but it is precisely why I need it: I am trying to migrate one of the
annotators in my chain to a pure C++ module.

> I believe Bhavani has done a bit of work to move to the latest versions
> of AMQCPP, but not sure where that is in her commit schedule.
>
> I would definitely be very interested by an upgrade to AMQCPP 3.2.2.

Sylvain

Re: UIMACpp on Mac OS/X?

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.