Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2006/03/15 20:07:43 UTC

webdav - log different clients, please.

Hi all,

it would be good to log the calls and actions of the different webdav
clients when e.g. creating a new file, put a file, ...
http://lenya.apache.org/modules/webdav/monitoring.html

This will show us where we can reduce the methods to a common
denominator.

I agree with doug "couldn't we just store them in a work/tmp directory",
the only thing is that till now all activities from a client will go
through the CMS. e.g. the delete action assumes always to remove a
cms-doc and never only tmp files.

We need to identify the actions that are related to the CMS and those
related to webdav specific stuff.

Further I think we need to have a more generic approach (decoupling of
xhtml/xml) to the webdav support. We should be able to upload any given
data (binary as well) in a generic way.

wdyt?

salu2
--