Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/31 08:22:31 UTC

Avoid to copy existing markdown files and some other format issues

Hi,

I am trying to generate pdf version of IoTDB's User Guide with `pandoc`,
and then find some issues:

1. Some markdown files have special Unicode chars, e.g., U+FF1A in
UserGuide\Get Started\QuickStart.md (But I do not know where it is, so I do
not delete it..)

2. Avoid to use "$" as it is a special char in Latex. If we want to render
the markdown files with latex engine (pandoc uses it), then "$" may lead to
some errors.

3. Try to format the code block (i.e., content wrapped by ```) to control
the length of each line ( pandoc can not renders it correctly...), e.g., 80
chars per line.

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Re: Avoid to copy existing markdown files and some other format issues

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
And.... better to use native markdown grammar rather than HTML grammar in
md files...

e.g., better to use "|" to represent tables, rather than HTML "<table>"

Best,

Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> 于2020年10月31日周六 下午4:22写道: