Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ju...@bmw.de on 2009/04/22 14:34:27 UTC

s:url, s:param and german umlauts

Hello,

I have a problem with the struts tags s:url and s:param.
I want to provide a link within me JSP. Therefore I use the s:url and s:param.
i.e.

<s:url id="url_xls" action="EinlaufTypen_Bericht_XLS" escapeAmp="false">
        <s:param name="title"><s:property value="%{title}" /></s:param>
</s:url>

The value of Title can include german umlauts, like ü. i.e
title="Füller"

In this case I get the following url in the html-source:
http://localhost:8080/DBLackAuswertungen/einlaufTypen/showEinlaufTypen_Eingabe.action?title=F%26%23xFC%3Bller

Can somebody help me to get here a ü?

I have set <constant name="struts.i18n.encoding" value="ISO-8859-1" /> in my struts.xml and I have
<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1" %>
In my jsps.

RE: s:url, s:param and german umlauts

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
BUG found in URL.java where setDefaultEncoding method is missing
should have:

@Inject(StrutsConstants.STRUTS_I18N_ENCODING)

     public void setDefaultEncoding(String encoding) {

         defaultEncoding = encoding;

     }

attempts at setting Encoding in struts.properties e.g.
# struts.locale=en_US
struts.i18n.encoding=UTF-8
is/are ignored by URL.java..

Martin
Disclaimer and Confidentiality/Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung / Note de déni et de confidentialité
This message is confidential. If you should not be the intended receiver, then we ask politely to report. Each unauthorized forwarding or manufacturing of a copy is inadmissible. This message serves only for the exchange of information and has no legal binding effect. Due to the easy manipulation of emails we cannot take responsibility over the the contents.

Posted by denis cabasson <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ju...@bmw.de.