Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/10/15 00:13:30 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Hi everyone,

I’ve tried to push all the required stuff to have a Milestone version release of TomEE 8. Please, realize that this is no way a FINAL release and it doesn’t need to be perfect. We may have several Milestone versions until we reach a Final one.

Some of us, are doing sessions on Oracle Code One next week, so it would be nice if we could use an actual release instead of a SNAPSHOT.

For this, I’ve released 3 projects: Java EE 8 API, a patched version of BVal2 with our groupId and TomEE itself.

Staging Repos:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1124 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1124> (EE8 API)
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1125 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1125> (BVal 2)
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1127 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1127> (TomEE)

Source:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/javaee-api-8.0-source-release.zip>
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/bval-parent-2.0.0-nonfinal-57300f3-source-release.zip>
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/tomee-project-8.0.0-M1-source-release.zip>

Dist Area:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M1/>

JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12341354 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12341354>

Unfortunately, I was not able to add my key to the KEYS files. I believe someone on the PMC needs to do it, but I did upload it to http://pgp.mit.edu/ <http://pgp.mit.edu/>, where Nexus checks for the keys when closing the repo. Here is the direct url: http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1 <http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x3D4683C24EDC64D1>

A special thanks to Jon, for helping me out through the process! Thank you!

Please vote:
+1: Release
0: I don’t care
-1 Do not release because ...

The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3 binding votes).

Cheers,
Roberto

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
That would be awesome

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
I should clarify... the vote went through first time - don't know if I have
ever seen that in 10 years :). I know it was hard work - many thanks for
all your work on this.

Jon

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I wouldn’t say that.

I’ve probably run mvn release:prepare, release:perform more than 100 times :)

In the meanwhile, I plan to update our Release Instructions page:
http://tomee.apache.org/dev/release-tomee.html <http://tomee.apache.org/dev/release-tomee.html>

It is a little outdated :)

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Release is done.

It is already on public apache repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/public/org/apache/tomee/apache-tomee/8.0.0-M1/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/public/org/apache/tomee/apache-tomee/8.0.0-M1/>

And in TomEE website:
http://tomee.apache.org/download-ng.html <http://tomee.apache.org/download-ng.html>

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
It will remain as M1, yes.

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk.INVALID>.

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Ah, I had no ideia.

He stated that his +1 was non binding, so I’ve counted it as non binding.

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk.INVALID>.
why is Romain being removed as a PMC member?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 1

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.

Posted by Richard Monson-Haefel <mo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk.INVALID>.
+1
i installed apache-tomee-8.0.0-M1-plus.tar.gz on my development machine
Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS and everything seemed to be working well

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Yeah, it is a reasonable approach.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
It works for me too Romain.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
Am I jinxing it if I point out you might actually get across the finish line on the first try of your first ever release attempt?

+1

/me ducks for cover

--
David Blevins