Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Quaini Michele <mi...@fastweb.it> on 2000/07/19 09:20:33 UTC

what structure for struts

Hello, I am a new user of struts and I have the following problem:

my application deals with four type of customer (top, small, soho,
residential)
every one of them has a different form for inputing data ( the forms contain
subsets of
data necessary for a customer, but these subsets are different)

soho.jsp
small.jsp
soho.jsp
residential.jsp

What kind of structure I have to think about by using struts:

1) Should i associate a formbean (validate) and an action bean for each
form?

soho.jsp ---> sohoForm --> sohoSaveAction ---> abstract entity beans -->
wrapper beans --> database
residential.jsp --> residentialForm --> residentialSaveAction -->abstract
entity beans --> wrapper beans --> database

OR

2) should i use one formbean (validate) and action bean for all the forms?

soho.jsp-> customerForm --> customerSaveAction --> abstract entity bean (
customer ) -- wrapper beans --> database
residential.jsp-> customerForm --> customerSaveAction --> abstract entity
bean ( customer ) -- wrapper beans --> database

OR

3) should i use a formbean (validate) for each action and one action bean?

soho.jsp --> sohoForm --> customerSaveAction --> abstract entity bean (
customer ) -- wrapper beans --> database
residential.jsp --> residentialForm --> customerSaveAction --> abstract
entity bean ( customer ) -- wrapper beans --> database

Thanks,

michele