Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Chris Custine <cc...@home.custine.com> on 2004/08/11 21:08:23 UTC

PortletRequest to HttpServletRequest ?

I am trying to port some existing app code to a Portlet and I am
wondering if there is any *standard* way of wrapping/casting/adapting
the PortletRequest / Response to the HttpServletRequest/Reponse in order
to pass it to existing code.  I can see in the struts bridge that there
is some variation of this, but a) is that specific to the Jetspeed
implementation, and b). is that only because it uses
requestdispatcher.include()?

I looked a bit at some WebSphere and BEA portal docs and it appears that
they all have some variation of this but I can't tell if there is an
acceptable cross-platform way of doing it.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: PortletRequest to HttpServletRequest ?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Aug 11, 2004, at 12:08 PM, Chris Custine wrote:

> I am trying to port some existing app code to a Portlet and I am
> wondering if there is any *standard* way of wrapping/casting/adapting
> the PortletRequest / Response to the HttpServletRequest/Reponse in
> order to pass it to existing code.  I can see in the struts bridge
> that there is some variation of this, but a) is that specific to the
> Jetspeed implementation, and b). is that only because it uses
> requestdispatcher.include()?
>
> I looked a bit at some WebSphere and BEA portal docs and it appears
> that they all have some variation of this but I can't tell if there is
> an acceptable cross-platform way of doing it.

Recommend using the approach like in Portal Bridges
See the j2 CVS for details of a Struts, Velocity and JSP bridge under
portals-bridges