Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by lebenski <be...@gamesys.co.uk> on 2008/04/28 15:50:16 UTC

T5: Client-Side field validation onExit of field & Email type validation.

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a Tapestry 5 project that has several
BeanEditForms.  I am performing client-side validation on these forms using
the @Validate (org.apache.tapestry.beaneditor.Validate) annotation on my
form bean class.

I'd like to know if it's possible to somehow configure Tapestry (or probably
use a convention!) to fire these validation rules onExit of the field i.e.
if someone has typed into a 'User Name' field, then tabs or clicks onto the
next field it should execute the validation at this point.  Currently all
validation is being run when the user clicks the 'Submit' button and this
isn't really what I'm looking for.

Also, are there plans to extend the Validators to include an email
validator?  Currently the only solution I can see is to apply an email Regex
validator rule to the field, can anyone offer a cleaner solution?

Thanks,
Ben.