Posted to user@shale.apache.org by smanley <sc...@spatialvision.com.au> on 2006/10/10 13:49:07 UTC

Required field validation in DataTable - invalid rows referenced

We have recently added Shale validation to our JSF application.

Generally implementation has been a simple process, however, we are having
some problems with the auto-generated Javascript used for checking required
fields inside a DataTable control.

Basically the datatable contains a list of items each with a simple
inputText 'description' field that must be entered.

On initial load of a page the generated JavaScript 'required' method
contains the correct code and correctly validates that each row contains a
description. Adding rows to the datatable also behaves with each newly added
row added to the validation method and checked on submission of the form.

Deleting items, however, is producing unexpected results with the deleted
row correctly removed from the datatable but remaining referenced in the
validation method.
As a result attempts to submit the form cause the method to attempt
validation of a field on a row that does not exist.

Row deletion is performed using an actionListener call to a request based
backing bean. This method removes the row from a collection stored in a
separate session based backing bean that as I say results in the successful
removal of the row from the generated DataTable on page reload.

We are using Shale 1.0.3, Commons Validator 1.3.0 and MyFaces 1.1.2.

Please let me know if anyone else has run into this problem and what we
might be doing wrong.

Regards

Scott