Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Edward Kupershlak <mr...@nyu.edu> on 2004/07/07 14:08:31 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Appache filter question: Processing the whole

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Edward Kupershlak wrote:
>
> > I'm currently engaded in a project that requires me to sign several
>  headers, as well as the web site (or whatever data is being returned).
>  The signature must then be added to the headers. I figure that this
>  requires a connection level filter, but I'm having a problem with apache
>  sending the same data to the filter numerous times. Is there any way to
>  check if a filter has previously recieved a particular bucket brigade?
>
> Do you necessarily need a connection-level filter, or can you work
> at request level and run apr_table_do on r->headers_out?
>
> Otherwise, you can keep state information in the connection conn_config.
>
> --
> Nick Kew

Thanks, but unfortunately, that won't work. It seems some headers are
generated right before being put into bucket brigades destined to be sent
out on the wire. So the way I would process them is to just read through the
bucket brigades passed to the connection level filter. But, since each
filter gets the same information several times, and (as it also seems) the
headers and the body of the response are passed in on 2 separate calls (not
to mention what would happen if the message was larger than the 8k that a
bucket brigade will hold), I was wondering if there was any way to either
prevent a filter form being called with the same set of buckets, or just
differentiate the set of buckets (a sequence number or something similar)

Thanks!
-Edward