Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by chandrashekar <ch...@pro-softnet.com> on 2003/03/31 09:08:27 UTC

new to slide

Hi
  Iam very new to webdav,Iam interested in invoking webdav methods on a remote webdav server thru servlet,i know i can use slide webdav servlet but how do i set my remote webdav server and invoke methods on it thru servlet.please help me out with the idea.
thanking you
chandrashekar

Re: slide portability

Posted by Michael Smith <ms...@speedlegal.com>.
nowe media wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder how portable is slide.
> It seems to work only on tomcat, and even on the old API of tomcat (tomcat
> has changed taglib API in some latest versions).
> Are there any documents about how to deploy slide on latest tomcat, resin or
> jboss or any other servlet container ??
>
> regards
>
> Wojtek

Slide is certainly not tied to tomcat - I've run it on several other
servlet containers.

Note that many of these servlet containers have bugs that cause problems
with slide if you're not careful with how you use them from the client
side (the slide client libraries are quite aggressive in their use of
advanced HTTP/1.1 techniques that several servlet containers don't get
right.

Mike

slide portability