Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Turgay Zengin <tu...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/28 15:05:02 UTC

Re: PanelTabbedPane validation problem

Hi,
Is it possible to get the effect described below programatically?

Say I have three panelTabs in a panelTabbedPane. They are named
"Search", "Update" and "New". I have an inputText component in the
"New" panelTab, and I want it to have a validator of required="true".
But when I set required="true" for that component, it effects all
panelTabs, because when a button in any of the tabs is pressed, all
components in all panelTabs get validated. So, I get
errors/nonfunctionality from the dataTable component present in the
"Search" panelTab.

I want to learn if the following is possible with setting some
property of the panelTab:
When a button is pressed which is in a panelTab, only the components
present in that panelTab must be validated. Other components present
in other panelTabs will not be validated.

Regards,
Turgay

----------------------------------
Eric Kelm wrote on 2005-07-26 21:50:
----------------------------------
Hi,

I am having a problem with the validation of components in
HtmlPanelTabbedPane. Only the components on the first pane are validated, if
only the first pane is displayed before from submission.  If other tabs are
selected before form submission, components on those panes will be
validated.  I have seen others have had this problem.  Is there a solution?
If so, is it included in the nightly builds? Thanks.

---------
Eric Kelm

Re: PanelTabbedPane validation problem

Posted by Turgay Zengin <tu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your help, now I can use the functionality.

Regards,
Turgay

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

--