Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2009/03/02 19:13:05 UTC

Re: svn commit: r749375 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/configure.in

trawick@apache.org wrote:
> Author: trawick
> Date: Mon Mar  2 17:40:33 2009
> New Revision: 749375

> Log:
> improve acceptance of APR/APR-Util trunk/2.0-dev

On my other comment earlier...

-1 on this patch appearing in any alpha candidate of 1.3 yet, for the
reasons I mentioned before.  If it's sitting on trunk, that's fine, we'll
just break things again as 2.0 nears release.

Bill

Re: svn commit: r749375 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/configure.in

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 1:19 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
> <wrowe@rowe-clan.net <ma...@rowe-clan.net>> wrote:
>
>     William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>         trawick@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>             Author: trawick
>             Date: Mon Mar  2 17:40:33 2009
>             New Revision: 749375

>             <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=749375&view=rev>
>             Log:
>             improve acceptance of APR/APR-Util trunk/2.0-dev
>

>         On my other comment earlier...
>
>         -1 on this patch appearing in any alpha candidate of 1.3 yet,
>         for the
>         reasons I mentioned before.  If it's sitting on trunk, that's
>         fine, we'll
>         just break things again as 2.0 nears release.
>

>     I meant - an alpha candidate of 2.3 yet ;-)  My point being, due to
>     the API contracts in APR, we should not be encouraging alpha testers to
>     "install" 2.0.  1.3 is current and 1.4 branch exists for bleeding stuff.
>
>     Bill
>

> I certainly agree for httpd 2.4.
>
> It is worth stating in the alpha announcements which apr level(s) they
> are intended to be used with.
>
> I doubt many people will worry if the alphas have code that enforces
> that, or fails haphazardly with other levels, or actually builds with
> other levels, as long as it works with the documented level(s).

Ok, I can see how, for the average user, we will bundle for now with 1.3 and
this change should break nothing (yet), so retracting my -1 so we simplify
the vote-in-progress :)

Bill

Re: svn commit: r749375 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/configure.in

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.