Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by pi...@nomixer.com on 2010/02/23 16:32:21 UTC

Re:

On Tue 23/02/10 20:08 , Greg Brown gkbrown@mac.com sent:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on where a "Pivot cookbook" site
> might be hosted? The wiki is a possibility, as is a Google Code project.
> What are some other options? Also, is "cookbook" the right term?
> Might something else be better?

I always found the following site to be a useful resource for newcomers to Java, and I find it's short
yet uncontrived examples are great for a 30 second recap on a subject.  They have changed the layout in
the months since I last visited, but it still retains an index which maps directly to various Java
packages, allowing users to home in on the code they need.

http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/index.html

Perhaps the Pivot wiki could have a section along these lines where answers from the mailing lists as
well as newly created examples could reside?  Alternatively, I believe that just having short code
snippets mapped to the Pivot package hierarchy would be a great start.

IMHO the existing wiki would suffice for hosting.

Regards,

Chris