Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Iyer, Balaji " <ba...@citi.com> on 2007/06/12 05:53:59 UTC

AXIS2 XSI:TYPE and qualified namespaces Different SOAP request Body for JMS and HTTP why ?

Hi,

I have the following schema for a Books type that I am testing AXIS2
against.

I'm trying to run the SOAP JMS webservice. While HTTP request runs
perfectly the JMS does not. I debugged it and found that AXIS2 is
generating different request strings for JMS and HTTP.  The "xsi type"
is not being generated for JMS requests. For HTTP the xsi:type is being
generated in the request correctly.

Because of this the other elements isbn, author start getting qualified
explicitly to the namespace and their respective types (isbn type and
authortype) and the webservice on the server goes for a toss, because
the schema mentions expicitly as unqualified.

Has anyone faced this issue before. Because of this problem, I'm unable
to run AXIS2 SOAP/JMS. Any pointers would be appreciated

---------------SCHEMA FOR BOOKS
TYPE-------------------------------------------------------
<xs:complexType name="BooksType" >
       <xs:sequence>
		     <xs:element name="isbn" type="isbntype"
maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"/>
	           <xs:element name="author" type="authortype"
maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1"/>
          </xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>

---------------END SCHEMA FOR BOOK
TYPE-----------------------------------------------------

---------------SOAP JMS
REQUEST-------------------------------------------------------------
<Books>
<ns1:isbntype xmlns:ns1="v1/search">1010090</ns1:isbntype>
<ns1:authortype xmlns:ns1="v1/search">Malcolm</ns1:authortype>
</Books>
---------------END SOAP JMS
REQUEST-------------------------------------------------------------

---------------SOAP HTTP
REQUEST-------------------------------------------------------------
<Books xmlns:s1="v1/syscontext"
 xsi:type="s1:BooksType">
<Isbn>1010090<Isbn>
<Author>Malcolm<Author>
---------------END SOAP HTTP
REQUEST-------------------------------------------------------------

rgds....

Re: AXIS2 XSI:TYPE and qualified namespaces Different SOAP request Body for JMS and HTTP why ?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Balaji,

This is not enough information. We need the following additional
information from the WSDL and schema:

The <message> element and its <part> element describing the <Books> request.
The <element> or <complexType> declaration pointed to by the <part> element.
The elementFormDefault setting in the <schema> element.
The <portType> element and its <operation> element describing the
<Books> request.
The <binding> elements for both SOAP and JMS and their <operation>
elements describing the <Books> request.

Anne

Posted by "Iyer, Balaji " <ba...@citi.com>.

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Can you show us the entire WSDL please, as well as the <schema> element?

Why do you need to specify the type in the message? Does your WSDL
indicate that you are sending some other type of element? Does the
same thing happen if you explicitly define the element in the WSDL?

Anne

Posted by "Iyer, Balaji " <ba...@citi.com>.