Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2007/12/02 00:50:08 UTC

Re: Accessing Bundle resources through classloader

Did you try running your old bundle on Felix? It should work. The
main difference between Felix and Oscar is that Felix is more strict
about how classes are accessed. Oscar automatically allowed access to
classes on the class path, Felix does not. Generally, to get old
bundles to work on Felix, the only thing that you need to do is add
imports for the osgi api (e.g., org.osgi.framework) and any other
packages you were accessing off of the class path.

I would guess you are having an issue with maven-bundle-plugin, not
with accessing resources.

-> richard

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
fmetral@inrialpes.fr wrote:
> Thanks for your help.
>
> I've found my problem and so, a solution.
>
> In fact, I was trying to access my resources directly through the Java
> Class loader and not through the Bundle object.
> It seems that this was allowed with the OSGi R3 but not the R4.

My guess is that it was getting it off the class path, so it appeared to
be working correctly...

> I've changed my calls and now it works.

Great.

-> richard