Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2010/11/07 07:11:42 UTC

Re: support for symlinks

On 2010-10-29, Max Birkoff wrote:

> Do you have any ideas about when commons compress 1.2 might be
> released?

Usually new releases happen when anybody of the committers feels it is
time to do so - and volunteers to create the release.

In commons-compress case there have only been two (seemingly minor)
changes to the tar classes and nothing else, I wouldn't expect that to
be enough to trigger a new release any time soon, sorry.

> I will build from source, test, and communicate on the
> commons-compress mailing list in the meantime.

That's great

Stefan