Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Alexandre Boudnik <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/12 09:03:33 UTC

Stop the node but keep the process

Hello,

In my cluster, each node is running as web application. When web
application has been stopped and servlet context has been destroyed,
it needs to terminate the Ignite node. Unfortunately,

grid.cluster().stopNodes(Collections.singletonList(service.grid.cluster().localNode().id()));

terminates the entire jvm by calling System.exit().

Could you advise how to terminate/exclude the node from cluster but to
keep the web server process, and to be able to restart the node?

Take care,
Alexandre "Sasha" Boudnik

call me via Google Voice:
1(405) BUDNIKA
1(405) 283-6452

Re: Stop the node but keep the process

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
Alexander, I dont think this should stop the entire cluster? It should stop
local node for particularly that Ignite instance.

--Yakov

Posted by Alexandre Boudnik <al...@gmail.com>.
You've right.

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.